Old 26-10-2003, 07:02 PM

Default Compost - Blood And Bone Meal To "Activate"?

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 09:40:07 -0800, (Glenna
Rose) wrote:

The article I read, which seemed to have been carefully researched, also
talked about certain cultures having a high rate of the disease,
especially in women and children, apparently because of the religious
practice of ingesting a small amount of blood from deceased relatives and
the belief the departed would live forever if this was done.

This form of the disease is called 'kuru' and it used to be
endemic (among women and children) in New Guinea, in tribes
in which the women and children ate the brains of dead
enemies. I forget why the women and children did this more
than the men.

Pat

--
To email me, remove the spam trap and type my first
name in its place.

CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States:
http://www.stopthehunger.com/