Old 27-10-2003, 02:22 AM
Danno

Default bent grass-bent out of shape

I've been struggling with bent grass for about 4 seasons now, and I'm
throwing in the towel! I have been diligent. I have aerated every spring,
and I've tried dethatchers and power rakes, and it's only gotten worse. I
have Scotts 4-step and even a personal 12-step program where I've admitted
defeat and it still haunts me. I have been putting up flower beds, edging
out long strips and planted ornamental grasses, anything that would give me
less lawn! I came close to having the whole thing paved.
After making the last mowing of the season this weekend, I've decided that
I won't put it with this again next year. I want it GONE. I only have about
2500 sq ft but I don't know what the best way to approach this undertaking.
I'd like to have a 'normal' lawn at some point, but I've got a few low spots
and some ripples throughout the yard so should I just have a bobcat come in
and tear everything up, level everything off, and take it from there?

Dan