Old 28-10-2003, 01:12 AM
MLEBLANCA

Default There HAS to be a twelve step program out there..................

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes:

Mad, you mentioned loripetalum in there somewhere? Have you got any
advice? How big does it get, what kind of soil and location suits it?

Loropetalum chinense is becoming one of my favorite shrubs.
I have Monraz, and it loves the heat of the Northern Central Valley in
California. ( We have many 100+ degree days in summer.)
It is in its third summer, and seems to be quite drought tolerant.
It is in full sun and is 6 feet tall and about 6 feet wide, with a definite
horizontal branching habit.
It's blooming right now, but the bloom is nothing compared to its spring
bloom, in March, which just about covers the entire bush! Gorgeous..
I just won another one, Fire Dance, at the garden club meeting. I think
I will try this one with a little afternoon shade, and see what, if any
difference it makes.
Enjoy your new addition , Janet.

Emilie
NorCal zone 8