Old 28-10-2003, 06:12 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Shrub/Patio Roses

"LadySpudz" wrote in message
I have either shrub or patio roses, I'm not certain which. I bought them

as
'sticks' this spring and they are now about 2 - 2 1/2 ft. high and bushy.

Still
flowering too!

If they were shrub soses, they would have been a lot bigger than that by
now.

My questions a what do I do with them over the winter? Should they be
covered?

No.

How and when do I cut them back? They've done wonderfully here by the
sea and I'd hate to do anything that would jeopardize them for next year.

Early spring when you see the buds beginning to grow. Remove the feeble
wood and prune the good growth to just above a bud, at somewhere between 6
inches and 1 ft long.

Franz