Old 29-10-2003, 06:23 AM
Gena

Default Keeping Basil

"MT Byers" wrote

I'll pass on another remarkable rooter I just discovered: These
ornamental sweet potatoes you see all over. I am not kidding; they
start showing roots in two days. I am trying to overwinter some in the
garage so that I won't have to buy any next year. They make a pretty
sturdy ground cover and are good in containers, too.

yes, amazingly, i hacked ours back (1 plant larger than the footprint of a
small car), and on my way to the compost, i dropped a piece. 2 weeks later
i was walking down the path and saw it, remarkably it wasn't even wilted
yet. i went to pick it up to put it in the compost, and it was attached to
the ground. this was in a space of time with very little rain.

the new kudzu?

gena