Old 29-10-2003, 04:14 PM
Nick Gray

Default Leaves, leaves and yet more leaves!

A couple of serious related questions. I blow the leaves into piles then
vacuum them up so they are nicely chopped up to help composting. Two
problems, first the vibration gives me hand discomfort, anyone know where
padded gloves may be obtained to help overcome this?
Secondly it is a petrol device, and I would like to get hold of a good
litres petrol can with pouring tube, all I can get are naff plastic ones
which leak petrol when using.
TIA
John T

For gloves see Town & Country - one of the few glove manufacturers left -
http://www.townandco.com/main_gloves.htm although I'd suggest going to the
sports shop and buying a pair of ski gloves, warm and padded.

For the petrol can - it might be worth contacting a yacht chandlers,
alternatively you could get a funnel and throw away the petrol can pouring
tube.

HTH.

Cheers

Nick