Old 29-10-2003, 09:12 PM
Rod

Default Leaves, leaves and yet more leaves!

"John Towill" wrote in message ...
The task, that seems never ending is underway, collecting and bagging
leaves. How about GMing trees so that they all drop their leaves in one
night, say the night the clocks alter! Only joking, we don't want to reopen
that can of worms. ;-)
Though they are a lot of work I have not needed to buy compost for my pots
for the last 2 years.
A couple of serious related questions. I blow the leaves into piles then
vacuum them up so they are nicely chopped up to help composting. Two
problems, first the vibration gives me hand discomfort, anyone know where
padded gloves may be obtained to help overcome this?
Secondly it is a petrol device, and I would like to get hold of a good
litres petrol can with pouring tube, all I can get are naff plastic ones
which leak petrol when using.
TIA
John T

Good garden machine dealers sell 5L plastic cans for the job. Some come with bolted on extra can for chain oil (for
chainsaws) others without. All come with a non-spill nozzle like the old fashioned battery fillers for car
batteries. Just tip the can up in the filler - press down to open and wait 'til petrol stops flowing.

Rod