Old 30-10-2003, 02:42 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Leaves, leaves and yet more leaves!

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:16:21 -0000, Nick Gray wrote:

A couple of serious related questions. I blow the leaves into piles then
vacuum them up so they are nicely chopped up to help composting. Two
problems, first the vibration gives me hand discomfort, anyone know where
padded gloves may be obtained to help overcome this?

For gloves see Town & Country - one of the few glove manufacturers left -
http://www.townandco.com/main_gloves.htm although I'd suggest going to the
sports shop and buying a pair of ski gloves, warm and padded.

I'd suggest looking around for a "safety supply" company. Ski
gloves are insulated to keep out the cold and wet, not cushion
the vibrations of power equipment. Given the incidence of RSI
these days, I feel quite confident that there are special
vibration-damping gloves available *somewhere*.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada