Old 30-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] Admin: THE FUTURE OF THE LIST - Very important (and long!)

Golly, Jim, who knew you did all that? Would it be possible to split the duties among several people, or would that simply breed chaos?

The one that jumps out at me is:

4. Another part of the management aspect is a readiness to help
people with their bonsai questions. As I've seen it, the manager
has the responsibility to ensure that all legitimate questions
get answered.

We used to have an informal committee that did this; several nice people agreed to make sure that newbie questions got answered. And back in the dark ages, Hud Nordin used to handle this offlist. It might be easy to reassemble a committee of compassionat
e Bonsaija to handle this part of list management, and being an "expert" on bonsai is not necessary. The most important thing is to let a newbie know is that we're glad they're here, and that someone will *eventually* answer a question if it is phrased ma
gically. It also helps to know who likes certain topics better than others so that questions on bonsai diseases can be forwarded to me, and questions on whether Bonsai is Art can be forwarded to.... well, they know who they are.

I'll stop now before I start to sniffle and sob at the thought of Jim travelling and having fun.

-Nina

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++