Old 30-10-2003, 06:42 PM
Philip Edward Lewis

Default [IBC] Admin: THE FUTURE OF THE LIST - Very important (and long!)

(Jim Lewis) writes:
(paraphrased)
I need a break.
someone needs to help, should the list continue.
****************

I think i have a fairly firm grasp on the techincal aspects of the
list admin... (and could catch up quickly for lsofts interface) but i
don't think that i'm qualified to handle much of the "advice" aspect
of things.

Other caveats:
I leave for vacation two weeks a year at the beginning of august.
The list will be unattended then.

Most of my administration will take place during M-F 8:00-17:00.

I'm fairly hand's off for most of my lists... but will follow a
convention if it's clearly stated/outlined. If someone wants me to
get involved, i can and will if the cause is just.

For what it's worth, i've been running other various lists (majordomo,
dlists, yahoogroups, etc) for over 10 years now...

Yes, it's alot of mail and a fair bit of work, but I'm willing to add
one more to the fray if it means this list will disappear otherwise.

On top of that, i have a hard time saying "no", without the immediate
following of the word "problem".

If I can help, lemmy know.

--
be safe.