Old 02-11-2003, 03:42 PM
Rhiannon S

Default Tomatoes and cold weather?

Subject: Tomatoes and cold weather?
From: "Philip"
Date: 01/11/2003 17:04 GMT Standard Time
There was no frost, and the outdoor plants are still flowering and setting
fruit!
Now watching the 'ripening race' between picked and unpicked tomatoes and
the unpicked seem to be winning.
So I will persevere with the outdoor plants until they get hit by a frost.

Where do you live? Here in suburban Surrey we have had enough frost to kill
the Pumpkin, all the Toms are badly frosted.

I wonder if we are in for a cold winter. The frosts seem to have started
earlier.

I know that a couple of weeks ago it was snowing on the M8 outside glasgow. I
think that was some kind of record for these parts.
--
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/