Old 03-11-2003, 01:22 AM
Phisherman

Default Beware of lawn mowing company scam

On 2 Nov 2003 15:03:04 -0800, (Lou Minatti)
wrote:

Houston residents: If you pay a company to mow your lawn, watch them
from late September through early November. Some of them put down rye
grass seed without telling you. This keeps them busy cutting your lawn
year-round.

This has happened to my next-door neighbor two years in a row. I'm
curious if this scam is done in other areas of the Gulf Coast.

A reputable lawn service will tell you exactly what is applied, what
was done, and why. Here (in TN) a lawn service contract charges a
fixed fee all year round. Scamming customers will eventually lead to
fewer customers and/or lawns that looks like crap.