Old 04-11-2003, 03:22 AM
Lou Minatti

Default Beware of lawn mowing company scam

"Shepherd" wrote in message ...
"Lou Minatti" wrote in message
om...
Houston residents: If you pay a company to mow your lawn, watch them
from late September through early November. Some of them put down rye
grass seed without telling you. This keeps them busy cutting your lawn
year-round.

This has happened to my next-door neighbor two years in a row. I'm
curious if this scam is done in other areas of the Gulf Coast.

Two years in a row? Sounds like your neighbor is OK with what the lawn
service is doing.

I don't think you understand. This is a scam numerous companies are
running, not just one company. They get away with it because there are
hundreds of thousands of first-time home owners in the southern US who
don't know squat about their lawns.

Is he complaining, or is it only you?

Let's try again.

Neighbor has winter rye dumped on her lawn without her approval.
Neighbor doesn't want winter rye on her lawn.
Neighbor is now stuck paying a lawn company to cut the grass 52 weeks
every year, rather than 40 weeks out of every year.
Neighbor will now have to pay at least $240 more than she was
expecting to for lawn care this year.