Old 04-11-2003, 08:13 PM
Amit

Default New Plant Tank Update & RO/GH/TDS

Thanks Dave!
Well this I 've posted yesterday in the group, finally I've got my test kit:
Hi All,
Finally I got today the master test LAB mad by Red Sea (Anyone knows?) So
I've tested my 100 gallon planted tank...
I was mostly interested in the KH in order to find out the CO2 concentration
in the water.
Although the results really made me sad Fish and plants seems happy....
here goes:
PH 6.8~6.9
KH 9~10
GH 12~13
CO2 in ppm according to the CO2 test is 18 PPM
Ammonia, Nitrite and Chlorine are all 0 (at least these are good)

Despite the fact that the water are very hard I am kind of confused
regarding the CO2 levels.
According to some CO2 tables, the levels are HIGH 33.991 ppm (while PH 6.9,
KH 9)
Should I reduce my CO2 levels ?
I know that plants can do well in hard water, but I guess I can use more RO
water ?
10x

Amit

I guess you can see it as well.
"Dave Millman" wrote in message

gizmo wrote:

"if GH and KH are each at 2-3 or greater" Can you please elaborate on

this
?
Do you mean the delta between GH and KH or their degree (which is

soft....)
10x

If GH is lower than 2, you may not have enough calcium and magnesium in

your tap
water to sustain plant growth. You may have to supplement.

If KH is lower than 1, then as biological processes use up the small

amount of
carbonate, your pH can drop too low.

I was not describing the delta between GH and KH.