Old 13-11-2003, 02:15 PM
Paul Mitchell

Default How do they make green tomatoes red?

As far as I'm concerned, after a summer of growing tomatoes (still got a
few cherrys on the plants which survived the low temps last month) the
enemic, pale orange imitation of a tomoatoe purchased in any store (and
served, surprisingly, in good restaurants and all sub-shops) is to be
avoided.

In a few months when I hunger for one of these things again, it will be
the grape tomatoes (usually grown in Isreal, as I recall from last year)
which I find to have actual taste and substance to them.

Paul

Paul Mitchell
email:
phone: (919) 962-9778
office: I have an office, room 14, Phillips Hall