Old 13-11-2003, 04:12 PM
hermine stover

Default Help identifying native species of Brazilian Bamboo - perhaps Apoclada Simplex?

On 7 Nov 2003 20:15:56 -0800, (Jo?o Paulo Freire
Paglione) wrote:

These digital photographs were taken during a Permaculture Design
Certification course sponsored by IPAB (Instituto de Permacultura
Austro-Brasileiro -
www.permacultura.org.br/IPAB) at the ecovillage
OIKOS (www.oikos.com.br) during March/May of 2003. During an
excursion into their native forests, I noticed a stand of bamboo. I
immediately expressed my belief that this stand was most likely
Bambusa Tuldoides. However, upon closer inspection, it was evident
that this bamboo clump was NOT Bambusa and had characteristics which
I had never seen before.

this is an amazing resource of photographs! my sudden worry is that I
am not tropical enough during our brief winter, to grow these
beauties.
the bamboo lists, all of them, i am sure, would go hog wild to see
these images, i hope when i direct their attention to them, you get
lots of interest in your project.