Old 05-02-2003, 05:39 AM
Julia

Default Ping-CassBlack area on my new bare roots, should I be worried?

A guy named Emil wrote:
I read and this and was thinking does it apply to me? Should I cut off those

Yes.

black areas I mentioned? Do you think my rose will die! :-( LoL, it has such
nice growth growing, I hope that doesn't happen.

Heres are the pics again:
http://dodgetrucks.org/cgi-bin/index.pl?photo=4682

and

http://dodgetrucks.org/cgi-bin/index.pl?photo=4681

Neither one of them looks that bad yet. Cut half an inch below the end
of the blackened cane and keep an eye on it. If it spreads lower, cut
some more. I've treated roses this way and had them recover just fine.
Though there have been one or two that have croaked but those have
usually been because the blackening was much further along than in
either of your 2 pix.