Old 16-11-2003, 06:02 AM
Shepherd

Default acorns, acorns, acorns.. how to pickup/get rid of them

"Sundar Narasimhan" wrote in message
Hi, I have several oak and pine trees.. in and around my lawn (zone 5),
and am getting tired of picking up the acorns. I got a toro hand-held
blower/vacuum for the leaves.. but the lawn is a bit too big for it to
be of help, and besides it doesn't help w/ the acorns.

What's up w/ oaks these past two years, I must have shovelled several
(10+) trash barrels filled w/ these .. and yet they keep coming down.

Any suggestions?

ps. Is there a power sweeper or some such thing one can buy to pick
these up - I don't have a riding lawn mower.. so am wondering if theres
a machine that's push-behind that could possibly help.

Thanks in advance.

I have a similar problem with acorns, not so bad this year, but last year
the amount of acorns was just unbelievable.

There are pecan pickers that should make short work of your acorn problem.

Try:

www.rozells.com/html/pecan_pickers.html

www.leblanspecancompany.com/item62.html

There are others.