Old 16-11-2003, 02:22 PM
Margot

Default compost-able paper bag?

Alan Horowitz wrote:
I need bags that can serve as a single-use receptable for a composting
toilet. Must be water-tight for the first, say, 20 minutes exposure to
wetness, then start to breakdown. Must not poison earthworms. After
being filled with excreta and wood shavings, the bags would slowly
travel on a sort of conveyor belt in a temp-controlled chamber until
they no longer contain septic materal. Or more likely, till they no
longer smell, since that is what I can actually test. Then tossed onto
a public garden.

existing, commercial-off-the-shelf mass-marketed products are most
ideal.

ordinary paper bags of the sort used in grocery stores seem suitable,
but they're not waterproof at all.

suggestions?

Airline sick-bags?