Old 16-11-2003, 02:22 PM
RedForeman ©®

Default Crook Crypts

my crypts often look bent, and curling, I think that's a characteristic of a
crypt, but the translucent spots, are what is referred to as, melting spots,
where it is just dead in that spot... I generally cut off that limb and ONLY
that limb, because too much trimming on a crypt will make the whole plant
melt away... It'll come back with time, but it's not good for the plant to
be stunted like that...

Mine reacted to substantial water changes and good light more than they did
with ferts...

"Seweryn" wrote in message
Hello all!

Could some tell me if I am on the right track here??
My crypts (several varieties) over the past week (after 3 weeks of green
water) have developed translucent spots and patches, with some of the

leaves
also curling lengthways. Now some of the leaves are disintegrating off

their
stems. Does this sound like a K defficiency? I added some extra Sera

Florena
yesterday, but so far, no change.
My tank:
DIY yeast CO2
2X30Watt flouros (dayglo and Powerglo)
150L
gH 6.7
kH ~3
pH ~6.8
I also have some flourish tabs in the substrate beneath them.

Any ideas??
Thanks,
- Seweryn