Old 05-02-2003, 05:19 PM
Radika Kesavan

Default For Radika and whoever else was confused by attbi's mess...

Allegra wrote:
Radika wrote:

Allegra, I am confused, so please help. I see three postings with this
heading from you ....

Hello Radika,

Hell, Allegra.

I don't know what you are seeing, since here on Microsoft realm
through OE and our office's attbi. connection we can only see one.

No more needs to be said on that score ;-).

As for where and how I see three postings under that heading: I use the
news-server which Mr. Blanchard kindly pointed out to me, a while back,
the one called 'news.cis.dfn.de', and my Mail programme which may have
nothing to do with the issue since it allows me to see merely what is on
the News Server is Mozilla. From Mr. Blanchard's response to you, I am
guessing that he too has seen multiple posts under that heading. He can
correct me if I am wrong.

So, the answer to that first message which we all here in the
office read as

"Allegra"
wrote in message news:N9A%9.155492$AV4.4371@sccrnsc01...
Here is a link with some info about dormant spray and its uses.
http://www.sheridannurseries.com/Gar...3mainframe.htm

Thank you for the clarification.

We suit the heck out when using lime sulphur, and never against the
wind if any. ....

Hmmm ... my allergic reaction to sulphur happens to me even in a
laboratory setting, wearing all protective gear, and it seems to be a
reaction that I have to elemental oxidizing agents, even liquid bromine.
A rose friend to many in this forum, the entomologist Dr. Baldo
Villegas, mentioned that he too developed a similar reaction to sulphur
after he worked with them in vineyards for his summer job as a student.
Apparently, in his case and in mine, the allergy developed over a few
years of exposure.

C'est la vie. Somedays the bear gets me, and on other days, I sit down
and have my tea with the bear g.

How are your roses doing? You also got more than your fair share of
liquid sunshine, did you not?

Thank you for asking. The roses are leafing out and those who managed to
go into dormancy this year (about 90% of them) are beginning to wake up.
Weather has been rather strange, suddenly plunging us into frost this
late in the season for last three nights in a row. However, daytime
temperatures are in the low to high sixties around the beautiful (but
not pristine) San Frnacisco Bay. The days are filled with golden
sunshine, though the winds are whipping everything about and making one
wear a jacket when out in the gardens.

Not much rain has fallen all through the month of January, though in
December, our little township got somewhere between 300 and 400% of our
share of rain for December. I am not sure how much the ground was able
to absorb of all that, and I am have not yet looked at reports on
whether our reservoirs are charged enough to last us if no more rains
came this winter. I planted just a couple of new roses this year; one is
Fragrant Cloud. And the other, no matter what it is going to be called
by others, I am calling in my mind 'Columbia Chawla', for the package
which a friend sent containing this rose arrived last Saturday, and I
planted it straightaway with the that as the 'study' name. It is a
Gallica, and this friend sent it to me so I can report back to him on
how it fares in our climate. I usually have very good luck with
Gallicas, and am kind of nuts about them, so my friend trusted me to
report back wih accuracy on how this Gallica fares in our garden, in a
climate that is very different from his.

So, this may be a day when I sit down to tea with the bear! I sure hope
so. I hope yours is a joyous and productive day as well.

--
Radika
California