Old 18-11-2003, 01:42 AM
pete

Default compost-able paper bag?

"Mike Davis" wrote in message
news:x54ub.21665$3j.11237@lakeread01...
If he's worried about non-toxic to worms, I wouldn't recommend bags that
have contained cement dust until the dust has been significantly diluted

by
water. Anyone that has has ever experienced alkali burns from cement
understands the problem.

I agree MIke I wasn't actually suggesting he use em after cement had been in
them, but rather he seek out a source of that type of strong bag, but I
suppose old Gypsum bags could be used.

We used to use millions of bags of stone dust in the coal mines in England
to dilute the coal dust and reduce the risk of fire, they were similar to
cement bags but smaller like a slightly larger grocery store bag, this was
pure stone dust, ground limestone IIRC, so theres probably a source of that
type of bag that has been used to hold a less harmful subtance than cement
around somewhere.

Pete

---