Old 18-11-2003, 07:22 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default Edging for mounded rose bed ...

Shiva wrote:

This sounds really beautiful. Where do you get it? I have seen
different sorts of rocks at garden centers, but the prospect of
hauling it dampens my enthusiasm. I imagine they would haul it
and put it down if paid enough.

I can't remember the name of the place. It's "around the corner" from
where I live (about a mile) so I just drive over there and pick out the
palette of stone I want and usually it's delivered the same day. Since
I'm so close, it's only $25 to deliver it. (It's on Stallings Road in
Durham. I'll check on it and post the name for you later.)

I admire that. And I wish I had your back.

Actually, I have arthritis in my lower back due to having ulcerative
colitis. *laugh* I just pick up one stone at a time and take some
aspirin *before* I start working. Sometimes I'm too stubborn for my own
good. In the interest of fairness the s.o. would highly question the
use of the word sometimes. *grin*

Post pics! The stones, not your back.

Here's a pic of the pond in the spring right after I finished it:

http://152.3.63.1/pond2_sm.jpg

I have newer photos but nothing online right now. Unfortunately, I will
have no chance to add them to the site until next week as I will be out
of my office attending a Python programming in Zope class for the next
three days.

Unless you really want to post your back ... g

http://www.duke.edu/~shsimko/dragoncon/dc99/shs5.jpg

*laugh*

Susan
shsimko(at)dukedotedu