Old 19-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Mark. Gooley

Default Edging for mounded rose bed ...

"Shiva" wrote:
I have a large rose bed on one side of the house that had tall
plants (hts and Austins) in the middle, medium-tall around
them, shorter around them, and so on.

I like to keep this bed well mulched--in fact, mulch is mounded high.

Is there a fairly tall edging that is not ugly but will keep the mulch in?
It needs to be 12 to 18 inches tall. I am using the black rubber
interlocking stuff you pound in with a mallet and it is really ugly.

Another idea: why not a short fence of hardware cloth? That's
yard-wide quarter-inch galvanized steel mesh, cut in half with tin
shears. The mulch piled up against it should render it not too visible,
and a stake every few feet would hold it in place...

Mark., but then, I like the look of the stuff; your mileage may vary