Old 21-11-2003, 12:34 AM
Eric Schreiber

Default Shades of the Petswarehouse Lawsuit!

Rex Grigg wrote:

I will add that the statements made by Rex Griggs, have not only
been damaging to ECO-Aqualizer Corp., but also may have cost many
deaths within the fish aquarium community.

In addition to language problems, it appears from this non-Sequitur
that he has some trouble with logic, as well.

I assume this refers to Rex recommending that people not use Carl's
product. If we accept Carl's 'logic' and this makes Rex responsible
for the resulting fish deaths, then Carl is guilty of the same for not
marketing this product sooner, and for not giving it away to everyone
who needs it.

What is far infrared technology? Does it need electricity to operate?
Far Infrared is a combination of bioceramic elements originally
developed by NASA. It radiates electromagnetic photons.
ECO-Aqualizer does not need electricity to operate

Infrared is nothing more than heat radiation. There are several ways
to generate heat, but they rely either on chemical reactions (like
dropping a bit of liver into hydrogen peroxide), radioactive decay, or
energy conversion such as from running a current through a resistor.
Their FAQ rules out electricity. I'm reasonably sure their product
isn't radioactive, and I can't think of a closed chemical system that
will generate heat for 20 years (the promised product life). So, I
wonder where their infrared is coming from. I have a theory, but it
involves inappropriate anatomical references.

From http://tinyurl.com/vwq7

"Question: I want to know if any bioceramic materials are incorporated
in the space shuttle which are said to emit infrared rays which
improve circulation. There is a lot of news about this recently."

"Answer: These ceramic materials do not emit any more infrared rays
than any other material of the same temperature. Infrared rays are
just natural heat radiation and depend on the temperature of the
material. While locally applied heat has always been considered useful
under some circumstances to improve circulation near the skin, you can
get all the heat or infrared radiation you want just by raising the
temperature. There may be some bioceramic materials in the Space
Shuttle, but they are not there for any health benefits."

Sounds like NASA is pretty much debunking the entire 'technology'. Who
shall we trust - NASA, or someone who is trying to sell us something
and threatens lawsuits when people say negative things?

I strongly suggest that all parties should find out more about
ECO-Aqualizer and our intent of saving fishes lives.
As a fellow hobbyist, one must ask themselves, do I care about
the fish? Or do I NOT care about their well-being?

And he plays the 'appeal to emotions' card, which any high school
logic class student can easily recognize.

You've got a live one there, Rex. Better you than me

--
www.ericschreiber.com