Old 22-11-2003, 12:19 PM
Robert H

Default Shades of the Petswarehouse Lawsuit!

Eric Schreiber wrote in message . ..
tose (LeighMo) wrote:

LOL! I gather this company is not based in an English-speaking country. I
wouldn't worry too much. Unlike Mr. "I live 5 minutes from the federal
courthouse," they're probably going to find it a lot harder to file lawsuits
against U.S. defendents.

They claim to be based in Houston, but you certainly wouldn't know it
from their language skills.

I am more interested in hearing arguements on the scientific
principals the company claims, and if it does work, what affect it
would have on a planted aquarium. What affect would it have on carbon
dioxide, posite and negative ions, cations and anions, the nitrate
uptake of the plants, plant photosynthesis, DOC levels...

I did a search on the product in Google and came up with lots of
stuff..(never saw Rexs comments, but lots of talk about the product in
lots and lots of forums) There was plenty of sketicisim both in
freshwater and Marine forums, but not all negative. They do have their
supporters. FAMA magazine wrote a very positive review of it, and
Monolith Marine Monsters, M3, is not only seling the product, but
gives much detailed information about how it works and the science
behind it. M3 has long had a reputation of selling only high quality
specialty equipment. Many of you have their C02 equipment and swear by
them. Even with past troubles, M3s reputation for its product line has
been sterling, (much to my dismay!)
http://www.marine-monsters.com/front...aqualizer.html
There are other very well respected dealers putting their reputation
on the line by selling this product.

I personaly am very skeptical of it, but I also would like to know
more about how practical it would really be in a freshwater plant tank
assuming it does work. This type of discussion would be much more
usefull, and much safer when it comes to personal liability for making
such comments publicaly.

Robert