Old 30-11-2003, 02:04 PM
ajr

Default Composter

Good afternoon,

I bought a composter about a month ago, and filled it as per instructions
found on a few gardening sites, as well as following tips on the Newsgroup
archive.

As far as I am aware I've followed 'best prctice' - a good mix of peelings,
cuttings from the garden, as well as some grass (not too much!), a bit of
cardboard and some mature to activate the mixture.

The problem that I have is that nothing appears to be happening. Is this
due to one of the following?

1. It's too cold this time of year for the process to start?

2. I should be using a different activator?

Any advice gratefully received.

Regards,

Andrew