Old 30-11-2003, 03:42 PM
martin

Default Composter

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 14:19:40 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 12:59:59 -0000, "ajr" wrote:

Good afternoon,

I bought a composter about a month ago, and filled it as per instructions
found on a few gardening sites, as well as following tips on the

Newsgroup
archive.

As far as I am aware I've followed 'best prctice' - a good mix of

peelings,
cuttings from the garden, as well as some grass (not too much!), a bit of
cardboard and some mature to activate the mixture.

The problem that I have is that nothing appears to be happening. Is this
due to one of the following?

1. It's too cold this time of year for the process to start?

2. I should be using a different activator?

Any advice gratefully received.

the unanimous advice given here was to urinate on it. My case comes up
next week...

LOL

I knew I'd get no support from you :-)

I do think one month is a wee bit too soon for looking for action eg

I leave mine in for up to a year before I start to look for the good stuff

Don't forget you have a yellow card. No double entendres please :-)
--
Martin