Old 30-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Mike Gilmore

Default Forsythia

Your Forsythia from a distance might even be a Kerria. Some wonderful
friendships between gardeners have begun by a passerby asking about a plant.

--
Regards
Mike Gilmore
"B & J" bjskeff@removecox-internetcom wrote in message
"Jack Schmidling" wrote in message
I keep seeing what looks like forsythia from a distance, in bloom now in

N.
Illinois.

I can't get close enough without driving into peoples yards to check it

out.

What could they be and forsythia blooms in Spring?

js

I well could be forsythia blooming. I not only have forsythia blooming now
but also Carolina jasmine in bloom. Both normally bloom in March (z 6),

but
we had a chilling period earlier followed by an extended warming trend

(60 -
70). That was enough to trigger blooming.

John