Old 01-12-2003, 10:02 PM
Sandy

Default brown crypts normal?

RedForeman ©® wrote:
that's the type of crypt they are, either called wenditti, I had
some, very nice looking ones you have...

When they are young, they have the oval shaped leaves... as they get
older, more mature, that's what they look like...

"yk" wrote in message
I was wondering if it is normal for crypts to have brown, wavy
leaves?

I have put links to a couple of photos, if that helps... hopefully
the quality is ok...

http://www.geocities.com/yelohk/crypt1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/yelohk/crypt2.jpg

When I purchased them they had smooth, green, oval-shaped leaves. I
guess they were grown emersed? I was told they were crypto. lutea.
Are these lutea? Or have I deformed them?

The substrate is flourite, w/no root tabs. I fertilize weekly with
flourish for my non root feeding plants.

--

direct replies: yelohk AT yahoo

This is my tank which is planted with various types of Crypts., as you can
see some of them have brown to olive brown leaves. It also shows the growth
rate since July, no co2 and no fertilizer added. The pictures in July were
taken just after I thinned out the plants and took out two plastic carrier
bags full.

http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/gallery/...humbnails.html

Click on the thumbnails for a bigger picture
--
Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy
--