Old 01-12-2003, 10:22 PM
RedForeman ©®

Default brown crypts normal?

No hinting, just playing.... They may not be wenditti, but I had wenditti
and it looked alot like yours... I would like to have some soon, doing some
tank redecorating... got a new 55g, gotta fill it to the gills.... hahaha!!!
no pun intended.... wait.. Yes it was....

--

RedForeman ©®

"yk" wrote in message ...
"yk" wrote in message

I was wondering if it is normal for crypts to have brown, wavy leaves?

I have put links to a couple of photos, if that helps... hopefully the
quality is ok...

http://www.geocities.com/yelohk/crypt1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/yelohk/crypt2.jpg

When I purchased them they had smooth, green, oval-shaped leaves. I
guess they were grown emersed? I was told they were crypto. lutea. Are
these lutea? Or have I deformed them?

The substrate is flourite, w/no root tabs. I fertilize weekly with
flourish for my non root feeding plants.

--

direct replies: yelohk AT yahoo

RedForeman ©® wrote:
that's the type of crypt they are, either called wenditti, I had some,
very nice looking ones you have...

When they are young, they have the oval shaped leaves... as they get
older, more mature, that's what they look like...

--

RedForeman ©®

Well thank you for the compliment! That's good to hear. I thought I had
done something wrong! I found them on ebay, I guess I meant to order
lutea, which seem to look very different. Although I think they're kinda
neat.

I can't tell if you're hinting or not, but if you'd like one I can send
you one or two (I only have three or four of them...), or I could give
you the name of the store...

--

direct replies: yelohk AT yahoo