Old 02-12-2003, 06:22 PM
Gary Woods

Default Composter

"Oxymel of Squill" wrote:

it takes a year, even in these clever plastic bins

Disagree: Look up "Indore (sp?) two-week method"

With a bunch of caveats: material must be shredded; Carbon:Nitrogen radio
must be right; proper moisture/aeration, etc to make the pile heat up
rapidly.

Having said that, I don't like to work that hard, so I use the "pile it up;
let it rot" method, using several heaps under a copse of pine trees in the
corner of the yard.

I admit to having more room and fewer neighbors than many here {:-)