Old 03-12-2003, 04:32 PM
tim chandler

Default Increase Waterfall Flow? How about Pondmaster Waterfall Pumps?

Scott,

I'm sure others will chime in - your flow rate will be limited by the most
restrictive factor, which could be the height, or your filter (draw), or the
tubing size, or the capacity of the pump itself. All of these together will
reduce the flow, too. You may want to look at this link for recommended
tubing size, I think your 3/4" is too small:
http://www.watergarden.com/catalog/p...mp-tubing.html

What size is your pond, and how many fish? Can you as a test bypass the
filter and see if that increases the flow to an acceptable level? Can you
put filter material/plants in the waterfall pan, or increase its size so it
can be a filter, thus you're not trying to draw through a filter?

Happy Ponding,
Tim

"Runner" wrote in message
m...
Howdy, all. This is my first post to this newsgroup. I have done a
little searching and have not found an answer.

Basically, I am interested in your opinions on the Pondmaster
Waterfall pumps -- specifically the WFP2500. Generally, I am
interested in you opinions on my present system and how I might
improve it other than using a Pondmaster Waterfall pump.

My present pump/filter is a Pondmaster Magnetic pump (1200 gph). It
draws through a PM 1000 filter (12"x12") that contains a coarse
polyester pad. The outlet feeds through 3/4" tubing up and around to
my waterfall pan. The height is about 6' above the pump.

Basically, the flow stinks and I want to improve it. I thought of
getting a larger pump and filter box, but my pump should be large
enough now. Perhaps the filter box is restricting the flow. Another
idea is to simply add a waterfall pump (like the WFP2500 I asked
about, above) and redirect the outlet of my filter pump to something
at a lower level.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. I know a lot about
sal****er and freshwater aquaria, but I am pretty much a pond newbie.
I acquired a small pond with my house and I would like to keep it
going.

Thanks,
Scott