Old 23-01-2003, 04:22 PM
D. Wain Garrison

Default South Florida Cold

I live in a stilt house here on the Florida Keys. Orchids (about 1200) grow all
around. I'll bring in those in bloom this afternoon but
do not expect the 40s to damage any plants except some Madagascar things which will
also come inside. I have
collapsible shelves for the front bedroom which hold everything for the occasional
hurricane. Only brought everything
in one time in 26 years due to predicted cold ( 30s).

--
D. Wain Garrison
If you can read you can learn anything, for
"Caps990" wrote in message
I have a mesh green house that I cover in plastic during the cold weather. With
the forecast for freezing temps this weekend any ideas how to best protect
orchids that are outside.

Thanks,

Gene