Old 05-12-2003, 06:33 PM
Shell

Default Bulbo help

Thanks for the idea, I have a few of those little baskets hanging around in
my kitchen I am going to repot tomorrow

Shell

"Myrmecodia" wrote in message
m...
"Shell" wrote in message

m...

I've been looking at it and I think that it's just real old media. I'm
going to give it a good watering and see what happens. There are four
pseudobulbs but only one in the media. Do Bulbos put out keiki's?

If only one pseudobulb is rooting in the media, the plant may be
telling you it doesn't like the mix.

Almost all of my Bulbos are in long fiber sphagnum moss, either
straight up or mixed with varying amounts of perlite or aliflor. Since
they tend to creep out of pots, I use little plastic baskets bought in
the housewares department of walmart. The baskets are white, varying
sizes, and have slatted sides. To make them suitable of the orchids,
I drill holes in the bottom. Since they are rectangular, they can be
packed close together in limited space. They worked especially well
when I used to grow indoors, because the little basket of sphagnum
stayed moist longer than a mount.

HTH

Nick
--