Old 05-12-2003, 07:02 PM
len gardener

Default Understanding Zucchini / Courgette

g'day v,

might be better if you only had 1 plant per container that size, but
so long as you keep the water up to them they could do ok.

that is the difference between male and female flowers, as you
described if you have plenty of bees around then pollination will take
effect. you will most likely only know if pollination hasn't been
success ful when it is too late that is when the very immature fruit
goes yellow and drops off.

once pollination is complete you should be picking fruit farely
quickly usually for me up here 2 to 3 days depending how big you want
them i like them younger. mine get full sun.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening