Old 06-12-2003, 05:42 PM
K Barrett

Default Psychopsis question

Rod Venger used to call this Psychopsis Psuddendeath Psyndrome.*G*

You could go to Google Groups and search rec.gardens.orchids for past posts
on papilio. As a matter of fact I just did that and just reading some of the
threads gives you a good idea of culture. Seems these are intolerant of
sour medium and need repotting. But be careful with their roots, they'll
sulk.

I always use the advanced search
http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en

I put in 'psychopsis' in the 1st blank (word anywhere in post)

then scroll down and put rec.gardens.orchids in for the specific newsgroup.
Sometimes if I really am looking for specific stuff I'll put in an author
(in this case I ran ) but putting 'halgren' in will work
too.

K Barrett

"Frank H. Kirchner" wrote in message
Happy Holidays to all.

I have a question regarding my Psychosis papillo. It has been growing
happily for years and has had as many as four spikes at once. It has been

happy camper. It is growing in osmunda. It is now failing. The problem
started with the back pseudobulbs shriveling and turning brown. It is
progressing up to the actively growing part of the plant and I have lost

the
most recent new growth. I haven't been able to track down what the likely
ailment is. Cultural conditions have not changed as it had been really
thriving for me. What says the wisdom of the group? Any suggestions will
be appreciated.

Thanks.

Frank