Old 08-12-2003, 08:42 AM
Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish

Default New Mulch

"Wanda" writes:

Some people say it draws nitrogen out of the ground as it
decomposes. Some say it puts nitrogen into the ground as it
decomposes. I've spoken with people who use the stuff & feel their
garden has never looked better. If you can wait pile the mulch into
a heap & let it sit for 6 months, if you can't put some sheep poo on
your garden beds first.

It's a surface area thing. Placed on top of the soil it will drag
minimal nitrogen from the soil. Dug in and it will suck all the
available nitrogen out until it's fully decomposed.

Urinating on sawdust is a good way to make soil.

--
Take my first and surname to email me and replace the abuse.