Old 24-01-2003, 05:00 PM
bk

Default South Florida Cold

Live in Miami Beach.
Lots of on tres (palms) and hanging baskets.
I have wrapped burlap around them and watered.
Last night I only watered. Around 8 pm and again at about 10. I soaked the
ground well thinking that the humidity would help.

The guys at RF, told me that they soak they're green house floors and it
never drops below fifty. They're pretty far inland and it got pretty cold
last night, so I'd love to know how they did.
"Caps990" wrote in message
I have a mesh green house that I cover in plastic during the cold weather.

With
the forecast for freezing temps this weekend any ideas how to best protect
orchids that are outside.

Thanks,

Gene