Old 14-12-2003, 02:12 PM
Dave

Default Spacing of Pittosporum's

Thanks for the replies

We planted the 5 foot plants approx 1.5 meters apart but we also had some a
number of small plants which we planted only 50 cm apart as we had a few too
many

"Gurrie" wrote in message
With the right preparation, pittosporums will thrive.

I have 50 or so of them acting as a screen on all the backyard fences.

They
were planted approx 1.5m apart and within 3 years and a good trim each

year,
they have grown into each other and now form a nice dense screen that

blocks
out all the neighbours.

"Kylie" wrote in message
u...
Are they quick growing? I've just put in 2 wooly bushes, a

pittosporum
&
another plant to act as screening bushes.

Gawd, I hope they grow fast.

Kyles

"Jane VR" wrote in message
u...
Dave wrote:
We live in Melbourne and have just bought six 1.5m silver sheen
pittosporums, we arw were wondering about the optimum planting

distance.

50 cm apart they will grow into each other. This is good if you want
a hedge. If you space them more, you will see them as individuals, but
you won't get such a dense screen. So it depends what you want to

achieve.

Jane