Old 14-12-2003, 05:17 PM
Scooby Don't Scooby Don't is offline
Registered User

Location: Greater Manchester, England
Default Cats terrorise my fish!

I've recently moved into my new house which has a lovely little pond in the garden - home to 3 goldfish.

The water was so murky that you couldn't see the fish, so I called a guy from a local aquarium company who came out to clean the pond and install a saftey grating (I have a 2 year old child). He also attached meshing to the grate to 'keep the cats from getting the fish'.

It hasn't worked! The fish have been terrorised by numerous cats and 2 of the poor buggers have somehow been dragged out and left to die. The remaining goldfish is in a right state, his fins are torn and he has claw marks all over him.

How do I keep the cats away - my neighbour recommends trellis along all walls and nails on the gate, has anyone tried this or do you have any other ideas.

Thanks