Old 15-12-2003, 02:03 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Cats terrorise my fish!

Are there raccoons in the UK or other fish eating (don't mind getting wet)
critters? Or are the cats in the UK particularly aggressive? Regardless,
look for the Scarecrow, a motion activiated sprinkler as shown he
http://www.km01.com/index.html click on Pest Deterrants. ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

"Scooby Don't" wrote in message
I've recently moved into my new house which has a lovely little pond in
the garden - home to 3 goldfish.

The water was so murky that you couldn't see the fish, so I called a
guy from a local aquarium company who came out to clean the pond and
install a saftey grating (I have a 2 year old child). He also attached
meshing to the grate to 'keep the cats from getting the fish'.

It hasn't worked! The fish have been terrorised by numerous cats and 2
of the poor buggers have somehow been dragged out and left to die. The
remaining goldfish is in a right state, his fins are torn and he has
claw marks all over him.

How do I keep the cats away - my neighbour recommends trellis along all
walls and nails on the gate, has anyone tried this or do you have any
other ideas.

Thanks
--
Scooby Don't