Old 15-12-2003, 06:37 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Low Voltage Lighting

"Cerumen" wrote in message after Kevin

I have recently purchased some low voltage lights from a DIY shop.

There are 6 lights linked by 15m of low voltage cable
which connects into a black transformer.

I have outside power sockets which this transformer plugs into,
however, the instructions tell you not to leave the transformer
outside. It should be inside the house or in a garden shed.

This is a pain as I have to disconnect and bring the transformer inside
everytime I am finished using it.

It seems crazy that lights purchased for outdoor use come with
a transformer which cannot sit outside.

It does indeed

Can you purchase transformers which will happily sit outside

Yes
or does anyone know of a small enclosure I could purchase, which the
transformer can sit inside quite happily and be protected?

Any plastic box that covered the transformer and could be weighted with
stones to avoid it blowing away would do.
--

But make sure your transformer is off the ground under the cover to avoid
problems with heavy rain causing lying water to flood back under the cover.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars
348 data units completed.