Old 16-12-2003, 02:02 AM
Pam - gardengal

Default does fungicide kill on contact?

"Mark Whitley" wrote in message
Yes, of course I read the label and follow its guidelines.
But the labels on any fungicides I've read don't answer
my specific questions, such as how long the product
must remain on the tree in order to be effective.
And if the fungicide only prevents the infection, it seems
like there needs to be a continuous presence of the
fungicide to provide protection during all of the
vulnerable times. Again, there is nothing that
states that in specific terms, only vague and general
(like: 'during late fall/early winter'.) I understand that
labels can't be any more specific, as each site differs.
But it would be nice to have info, such as how many
inches of rainfall should be allowed to fall on the trees
between applications (so I could measure the rainfall,
and know when to reapply.)

But given the two answers I've seen, it is helful for me
to see the clarification that the fungicide is just killing the
spores. And I know what once infected, there's nothing
I can do (and I certainly don't want to put anything
systemic on the trees, I like to eat the peaches too!)

Thanks.

You might want to consider replacing the peach with one that doesn't need
spraying. 'Frost Peach' is one that was developed for the PNW climate and is
quite resistant to leaf curl as well as not requiring the same number of
heat days as other peaches in order to ripen fruit. It bears at a very early
age, also.

pam - gardengal