Old 18-12-2003, 02:32 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Storing chillies

In article ,
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message

The two methods I tend to use are drying and Hell Fire Sauce (chilli
sherry), but the latter is more suited to hot chillis rather than
Jalapenos. I would be surprised if they needed any special technique,
so any combination of brine and vinegar (according to taste) would
do. E.g. Modify a recipe for pickled radish pods :-)

I don't know anything about Rainbow chillis - are they hot, or salad
ones like Jalapenos?

I'd like to see you try my jalapenos as a salad chilli!

Phwoar! Huh-huh-huh-huh - - - glugglugglug

Well, if they are THAT much hotter than southern USA ones, I doubt
they are Jalapenos. Certainly, genuine Jalapenos ARE a salad chilli,
as any Mexican can tell you :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.