Old 18-12-2003, 08:42 PM
Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish

Default How to get rid of couch

"Gurrie" writes:

Thanks for the advice all.

I have decided to defer the planting of the garden beds and will leave the
area for the couch to grow and then give it a hit of round-up or zero etc in
a month or so.

I have weed mat down on the area at the minute but that was just because I
wanted it in place when I did the new lawn edging in bricks. Now that it
has been done, I plan to fold back the weed mat to expose the area where the
turf was cut from to let it grow before I go nuts with the weed killer.

Thaks for the note on the selective herbicide - at least I know that there
is a solution if I still manage to have some couch issues once the garden
beds are all done.

Also remember, couch is much less of a problem if you don't mow it,
and it has to compete with broad leaved plants. I only still have
problems with it in my garden (really a native plant regeneration
area) where we don't have trees or native ground covers growing yet.