Old 18-12-2003, 09:04 PM
RedForeman ©®

Default How much flourite for 55G tank?

I asked several days/weeks ago, doing the same as you, but here's where I am
so far, 2 bags won't cover it, 3 might do the job... I'm also mixing half a
bag of 25lbs small pea gravel with it...

I'm shooting for a 2.5-3.5 depth.... that's where I might end up with more
gravel/flourite than most...

--

RedForeman ©®

"Harry Muscle" wrote in message
I'm assuming fluorite is still considered one of the best (except for

price)
substrates to u a planted tank, so I'm hoping to pick some up for my
new 55G tank right after christmas (when it should hopefully be on sale).
However, I'm not sure how much. I'm probably gonna be picking up the
fluorite before I get my hands on the tank, so I'm wondering what depth of
substrate would look good in a 55G (48*12*21 tall) and also what would be
good for the plants. Btw, I will be using substrate heating cables, in

case
this affect the decision on depth.

Thanks,
Harry