Old 26-01-2003, 04:12 AM
Gene Schurg

Default Odbrs. Fangtastic Bob Henley 'HOF Octopus'

Curious question.....

I've seen "HOF" on grexes of other plants too. Who uses this?

Gene

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 18:32:48 -0800, tbell
wrote:

Just bought this one from Trader Joe's, which is a great place for
orchid bargains if you have one nearby, but I'm having trouble
untangling the name. Can't find it on the RHS site. Can anyone enlighten
me?
Tom

Odbrs Fangtastic Bob Henley registered by Norman's Orchids in
1999. It is Brs. Rex x Odbrs Kenneth Bivin
Brs. Rex is 1/2 Brs gireodiana x Brs verucosa
Odbrs Kenneth Bivin is Brs longissima x Odm cariniferum
Thus it is exactly 1/4 each - Brassia gireoudiana and Brs
longissima and Brs verrucosa last quarter is Odm cariniferum.

So now tell us what it looks like? OH.. 'HOF Octopus' is not
showing on my Wildcatt as an awarded clone. Does octopus really
describe the flower?

SuE