Old 19-12-2003, 08:13 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Wood chips use?

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:

What's the most efficient way I can use the nice big (4 foot) pile of
wood chips on my drive now that two dying conifers and a dying cherry
tree have been deceased?

I don't want to waste any!

Separate the cherry chippings from the conifers' stuff.

Now the trees are gone, you can can catch the sqrls. decapitate, skin
and draw sqrls and hang them about 12 feet up the lum.

Light a small cherrywood fire in the grate and cover with cherry chips.
When the chips are used, your Christmas dinner should be smoked and
ready for serving.

Conifer sawdust may be used thus:

Clean out coalshed/bunker and put slack into bags.

Beg several buckets of raw cowdung from your friendly local dairy farmer.

Mix sawdust/chips, coaldust/slack on a board with cowdung, and mix to
the consistency of dryish concrete.

Trowel the stuff into plastic flower-pots, compact them and turn them
out, leaving the 'sand-castles' under cover to dry.

When dry, these can be used on the fire, or in a solid fuel stove.

HTH

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)