Old 20-12-2003, 01:04 AM
kenty ;-\)

Default Wood chips use?

i wouldnt compost conifer clippings,any how i dont think they decompose very
well.Most other things can be composted.If you compost now it will be ready
for next autumn for a mulch around your plants to provide protection from
the wet/frost & add the goodness back to the soil. Bag the clippings & get
rid of at your local household refuge site !
kenty

Rod" wrote in message
Janet Tweedy wrote:

What's the most efficient way I can use the nice big (4 foot) pile of
wood chips on my drive now that two dying conifers and a dying cherry
tree have been deceased?

I don't want to waste any!

janet

We compost 'em - a big heap works best (for at least a year) and then use

as a
mulch or soil conditioner in the woodland borders. Also raw as paths in

the
woodland areas or between raised beds in the veg plots. Our local arb

blokes
know we can always find somewhere for them to tip their chippings.

Rod
http://website.lineone.net/%7Erodcraddock/index.html
My email address needs weeding.